Birdhouse is a start-up accelerator. This means that we create unfair advantages for start-ups resulting in unparallelled growth opportunities. Therefore, we (will) have several offerings towards start-ups: an accelerator program, multiple vertical programs, Birdhouse Masterclasses (on finance, marketing, talent).
At Birdhouse start-ups work under intensive guidance on explosive growth. For instance, they gain access to expertise, capital and the most valuable network. Their teams will be strengthened by our passionate mentors and advisors. Together with the Birdhouse team, a personalized and tailor-made program will be set to realize the start-up’s ambitions in four months.
The Role/ What does the job involve?
As Marketing Manager, you drive the marketing & communication strategy of Birdhouse. You determine the actions to be performed on both short and long term that help us achieve our ambitious business objectives. A challenge that combines strategy, reporting and execution.
Just a few of the responsibilities:
Marketing strategy & execution
- Responsible for outlining the marketing strategy and you are in charge of its implementation for all Birdhouse products: (vertical) Accelerator program(s) and Masterclass
- Set marketing objectives aligned with the company strategy and report on the results of the marketing efforts.
- Responsible for day-to-day execution and management of the marketing activities for all Birdhouse products.
- Responsible to set up and manage a new marketing team.
- Work closely with and evaluate our existing marketing partnerships (freelancers, agencies).
- Set up and coordinate campaigns through content development, media relations, social and other channels and make adjustments where necessary, based on your analysis and insights of the digital marketing analytics.
- Set up a regular ROI reporting of the online marketing activities and website.
- Update and upgrade Birdhouse website in line with positioning of Birdhouse.
Communication & Brand management
- Drive initiatives concerning refining the Birdhouse positioning and the marketing of our various start-up solutions.
- Both internal and external communication. Development of communication and marketing materials (visual and written) for the website, e-mailing and social campaigns.
What makes you the perfect candidate?
- Experience with setting up a marketing team in a start-up environment.
- Track record in strategizing, building, and executing marketing activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of multi-channel marketing with hands-on experience executing tactics.
- Ability to identify areas of opportunities and formulate creative marketing solutions that drive results, with a strong understanding of analytics and their importance.
- You love to work in a data-driven way, but have a creative mind as well.
- Marketing is your passion and you keep a close eye on all trends and novelties in the areas of marketing, start-ups, accelerators, fundraising, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communications skills both in Dutch and English.
- You know all about Google Analytics, Adwords, Tag Manager, Facebook and LinkedIn ads.
- You can work smoothly with tools such as Instapage, Hubspot, Zapier and ActiveCampaign.
Next to this, we require:
- Fluent in Dutch and English – Entrepreneurial and start-up language is at least as important
- Teamwork is your energizer. Our small team has one mission: creating unfair advantages for start-ups resulting in unparalleled growth opportunities.
- You get things done. We have big ambitions and love to move forward. All colleagues take ownership and do what it takes to achieve our goals.
- You love to work in a flexible and changing environment. Birdhouse is a growing organization, this comes with a lot of opportunities and requires a flexible attitude from all colleagues.
What can you expect?
- An exciting range of tasks with a lot of variety. The opportunity to make impact for both Birdhouse and the start-up community.
- A dynamic team, building the strongest start-up eco-system.
- A pleasant and informal working atmosphere.
- An open and transparent working environment
- A priceless network of strong mentors, entrepreneurs, experts and advisors.
- An Apple package, internet and mobile phone fee
- A training budget you can spend freely
- We are young and dynamic, we work with flexible hours and remote work is possible. Both will be discussed openly and transparently with the team.
- A 40-hour week, which means that in addition to the 20 days statutory holidays, you are entitled to 12 extra days.
Give us a shout via email@example.com !