Birdhouse is a start-up accelerator. This means that we create unfair advantages for start-ups resulting in unparallelled growth opportunities. Therefore, we (will) have several offerings towards start-ups: an accelerator program, multiple vertical programs, Birdhouse Masterclasses (on finance, marketing, talent).
At Birdhouse start-ups work under intensive guidance on explosive growth. For instance, they gain access to expertise, capital and the most valuable network. Their teams will be strengthened by our passionate mentors and advisors. Together with the Birdhouse team, a personalized and tailor-made program will be set to realize the start-up’s ambitions in four months.
The Role/ What does the job involve?
Birdhouse is a start-up accelerator and has the ambitious mission to launch multiple verticals in the coming years. Next to that, Birdhouse wants to bridge the gap between start-ups and (large) corporate companies to help tem innovate together and accelerate their growth. Therefore Birdhouse partners with corporates and/or organisations active in sectors and domains relating to the vertical topcis.
As the partnerships & business development manager, you are responsible for managing the business development activities, contributing to the development of new (vertical) accelerator program partnerships and funding opportunities.
Just a few of the responsibilities:
New Business development / sales
- Conduct research and business analysis to identify new opportunities, relevant to the vertical domains to be launched.
- Conduct deal flows within various sectors, relevant to the vertical domains to be launched.
- Provide regular reporting to management.
Contract negotiations / closing
- Close (corporate) partnership contracts, with help of Birdhouse CEO.
- Produce, organize, and maintain internal and external materials like presentation decks, startup one pager, case studies.
- Coordinate closely the administrative part.
- Ensure partners are satisfied with the level of service and value provided by Birdhouse.
- Provide regular reporting and updates to partners, according to the agreements made.
- Work closely with the Product & Operations team to meet the partners needs (e.g. involvement and visibility towards partners, start-ups, network within the vertical program.
What makes you the perfect candidate?
- Minimum 5-years’ experience, including at least 3 years in a business development role, generating large deal sizes.
- Experience with B2B (corporate) partnerships and the long and intensive sales processes that go with it.
- Proven track record of effectively negotiating business agreements and developing business relationships that impact company performance.
- Excellent business sense, knowledge of the large companies/open innovation processes.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives.
Next to this, we require:
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English – Entrepreneurial and start-up language is at least as important
- Teamwork is your energizer. Our small team has one mission: creating unfair advantages for start-ups resulting in unparalleled growth opportunities.
- You get things done. We have big ambitions and love to move forward. All colleagues take ownership and do what it takes to achieve our goals.
- You love to work in a flexible and changing environment. Birdhouse is a growing organization, this comes with a lot of opportunities and requires a flexible attitude from all colleagues.
What can you expect?
- An exciting range of tasks with a lot of variety. The opportunity to make impact for both Birdhouse and the start-up community.
- A dynamic team, building the strongest start-up eco-system.
- A pleasant and informal working atmosphere.
- An open and transparent working environment
- A priceless network of strong mentors, entrepreneurs, experts and advisors.
- An Apple package, internet and mobile phone fee
- A training budget you can spend freely
- We are young and dynamic, we work with flexible hours and remote work is possible. Both will be discussed openly and transparently with the team.
- A 40-hour week, which means that in addition to the 20 days statutory holidays, you are entitled to 12 extra days.
Give us a shout via email@example.com !