Birdhouse is a start-up accelerator. This means that we create unfair advantages for start-ups resulting in unparallelled growth opportunities. Therefore, we (will) have several offerings towards start-ups: an accelerator program, multiple vertical programs, Birdhouse Masterclasses (on finance, marketing, talent).
At Birdhouse start-ups work under intensive guidance on explosive growth. For instance, they gain access to expertise, capital and the most valuable network. Their teams will be strengthened by our passionate mentors and advisors. Together with the Birdhouse team, a personalized and tailor-made program will be set to realize the start-up’s ambitions in four months.
The Role/ What does the job involve?
For Birdhouse, as an accelerator, the network we can leverage on is an essential part of our value proposition. As a community manager, you will be responsible for managing and growing our Birdhouse Flight Network, consisting of Entrepreneurial Falcons, Scale-up Eagles, Corporate Hawks and Service Buzzards. Additionally, you are in charge of setting up and formalizing the initiatives towards the Birdhouse Alumni Network.
This role is responsible for onboarding network members, facilitating member orientations and organizaning mentor involvement in the Birdhouse Flight Network. Additionally, the community manager will be in charge of refining and executing the member journey and will be responsible for creating valuable member activities/programs.
Success for this role is defined by Birdhouse Flight Network members deriving value from the network and creating value for the start-ups during the accelerator programs.
Just a few of the responsibilities:
- Engage existing members through targeted communication and through the creation of opportunities for them to connect with other members, start-up founders, alumni, partners…
- Proactively scout and recruit high-level members for the Birdhouse Flight Network.
- Design and implement valuable activities and programs for the Birdhouse Flight members.
- Manage member-oriented communications (including newsletter and online community) aimed at keeping the member community abreast of the latest organizational developments and opportunities for further engagement.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the Birdhouse accelerator programs through staying abreast of mentor-start-up relationships, the functioning of the advisory boards,… from the perspective of the mentors/advisors/experts.
- Collaborate with Start-up success Manager to match Network members with start-ups and entrepreneurs.
- Communicate with members, (start-up) entrepreneurs and partners to gain support for the program and to solicit input to improve the accelerator and membership program.
- In order to professionalize, we are planning to implement software that enables us to establish a more efficient way of working. This role will be involved in the set-up of the new program tech.
- Facilitate the community events, in close collaboration with your colleagues for the organizational aspect.
What makes you the perfect candidate?
- Ability to influence and engage a variety of network members.
- Ability to communicate across all levels and with internal and external executives in a highly professional manner.
- You are a people person and connector. You have the ability to energize meetings and other sessions. You are able to build a community feeling amongst mentors, advisors, founders…
- Interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals.
- Communications skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing.
- You have proven project management skills, including performance management, planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and execution.
- Strong connections and familiarity with the start-up ecosystem is a plus.
Next to this, we require:
- Minimum 3-years’ experience, experience gained within a start-up environment is a plus!
- Fluent in Dutch and English – Entrepreneurial and start-up language is at least as important
- Teamwork is your energizer. Our small team has one mission: creating unfair advantages for start-ups resulting in unparalleled growth opportunities.
- You get things done. We have big ambitions and love to move forward. All colleagues take ownership and do what it takes to achieve our goals.
- You love to work in a flexible and changing environment. Birdhouse is a growing organization, this comes with a lot of opportunities and requires a flexible attitude from all colleagues.
What can you expect?
- An exciting range of tasks with a lot of variety. The opportunity to make impact for both Birdhouse and the start-up community.
- A dynamic team, building the strongest start-up eco-system.
- A pleasant and informal working atmosphere.
- An open and transparent working environment
- A priceless network of strong mentors, entrepreneurs, experts and advisors.
- An Apple package, internet and mobile phone fee
- A training budget you can spend freely
- We are young and dynamic, we work with flexible hours and remote work is possible. Both will be discussed openly and transparently with the team.
- A 40-hour week, which means that in addition to the 20 days statutory holidays, you are entitled to 12 extra days.
Give us a shout via email@example.com !